INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) – THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE (TOK) AND EXTENDED ESSAY (EE)
The International Baccalaureate (IB) qualification is becoming a well-recognised entry ticket to leading International universities. There are currently 34 IB World schools in Singapore that currently offer one or more of four IB programmes. We offer IB tuition in Singapore to students who wish to pursue the IB Diploma Programme.
WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE IB TUITION PACKAGE?
- For TOK, students will be given an EXTENSIVE SUMMARY of the different ways of knowing as well as the detailed advantages and disadvantages of each manner of knowing.
- Students will be taught how to evaluate each manner of knowing from the standpoint perspective and learn how processes such as socialisation could shape the thoughts of individuals and communities.
- Students will be taught how to spot inherent biasness and the limitations of certain research methods.
- Students will learn the different ways of utilising knowledge and the specific purpose and intention of individuals who have utilised each specific type of knowledge.
- For the 1200-1600 WORD ESSAY FOR TOK AND FOR EE, students will be taught BASIC RESEARCH TECHNIQUES and will be given support if they require additional resources. The tutor will ensure that each essay has adequately explored the relevant knowledge issues, the arguments are fully justified and coherent and effective counterclaims are made.
- For the INTERNALLY ASSESSED PRESENTATION component of TOK, students will be taught how to present in an effective manner by drawing on real-life situations. If the students are interested, they will also be mentored to design interesting and efficient methods of presentation which include debates, games and skits.
- For TOK’S ORAL PRESENTATIONS and EE’S VIVA VOCE preparation, guidance will include multiple oral practice sessions for students. Tutor will check on the students’ diction, tonality, pacing, emphasis and the use of effective body language to convey their ideas.