WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SOCIAL STUDIES TUITION PACKAGE?
- LATEST SYLLABUS will be taught to students.
- EXTRA RESOURCES regularly sourced by researcher and published author trained in the social sciences.
- Breaking down of concepts such as citizenships and government functions into easy to digest bits.
- Regular self-designed definition-feature-development-objective CHALLENGE TESTS for students to practice on to learn key answering techniques.
- MIND-MAPPING exercises to draw links between complex themes.
- For source-based case studies, techniques taught will include arrangement of sources by time period, sieving out the relevant issues reflected by sources, evaluating source-supporting statement and credibility of sources.
- Students will also be taught to evaluate satirical and symbolic images, the role and position of the narrator, identifying words-tone paradoxes, identifying metaphors and potential exaggerations by the narrator.
- Students will learn how to identify flaws in the sources which include research limitations, sweeping statements, false claims and motherhood statements.
- Structured response questions: techniques taught will include identifying pertinent issues from the abstracts, making a good suggestion or recommendation for the source in question, incorporating an effective thesis statement and understanding and interpreting the context of the sources.